To improve refractories service life, China An Steel adjusts its construction method of the 100T LF ladle as following:
1. Install bottom well block mold, then put one layer of high alumina blowing felt on the bottom.
2. Use mixer to mix running castable into running condition, to install bottom permanant layer.
3. After the running castable curdled, install bottom working layer.
4. Put one layer of high alumina blowing felt on the ladle wall.
5. The gap distance between ladle wall working layer and high alumina blowing felt would be permanent layer thickness (normally would be 70-110mm). After installing working layer of 3-5 layers (about 300-500mm high), inject running castable into the gap between ladle wall working layer and high alumina blowing felt. Then use trowel to make the castable hard. Repeat the above procedure until LF construction finished.
6.On basis of optimized sintering method, baking the ladle for 24 hours. After sintering, the ladle can be used.
Install the LF in above method, it has advantages as following,
1.Permanent layer and working layer are installed at same time, in which way they can be combined closely. During sintering period, deformation of permanent layer can be separated. In this way, gap would not appear, and improve safe of the LF.
2.Permanent layer running castable is of high strength, it would not be easy to be damaged when unpacked and translated.
3.No need mold, in which way can avoid damage the ladle brick by vibrating.
4.No need to sinter the permanent layer separately. The LF would be sintered for 24 hours in optimized method. During actual working, it would not cause problem of gas in molten steel rising up.