1) Refractory for BOF
At present, magnesia carbon bricks are used for the furnace cap, tapping port, front and rear large faces, molten pool and furnace bottom of the converter; high-strength magnesia carbon bricks are used for the trunnion and slag line parts.
The MgO content in the magnesia carbon brick is generally 70% to 75%, the graphite content is 16% to 20%, the bulk density is 2.8g/cm3 to 2.9 g/cm3, and the compressive strength is 25 to 30 MPa.
High-strength magnesia carbon brick with the same composition as magnesia carbon brick, but the compressive strength is 30 ~ 42MPa.
2) Refractory for EAF
The furnace bottom, furnace slope and molten pool of the electric furnace are integrated with magnesia, or magnesia bricks combined with magnesia carbon brick and tar pitch; hot and slag line areas, using high-quality magnesia carbon bricks; both sides of the furnace door and tapping El It is a magnesia brick and a chrome-magnesia brick; the electric furnace cover is a high-aluminum brick or a high-aluminum non-burned brick.
3) Refractory materials for ultra high power electric furnace
The permanent lining of the ultra-high power electric furnace is magnesia, the side column of the furnace door is magnesia chrome brick, the slag line is magnesia brick, the hot spot is magnesia carbon brick, the furnace wall is magnesia carbon brick, the eccentric bottom and the molten pool are magnesia brick, out The steel mouth is magnesia carbon brick, the electric furnace cover is high aluminum brick, and the tapping hole filler is high iron dolomite filler.
4) Refractory for open hearth furnace
It can be seen from the working conditions of various steelmaking furnaces that the working environment of the refractory material is very bad, therefore, no matter what refractory material is used, it must have the following properties:
(1) High temperature resistance and high refractoriness.
(2) Erosion and erosion of high temperature resistant steel and slag.
(3) The steelmaking furnace is intermittent operation, and the refractory material is required to have good thermal shock resistance and peeling resistance.
(4) It has high mechanical strength and can withstand the impact of the furnace body tilting and loading into the charge without damage.